Beachside charmer in inner city, historic Albert Park
Embrace the quintessential Melbourne inner city lifestyle at Bay Waves, a beautifully renovated terrace house located a stone’s throw from South Melbourne beach. Whilst paying homage to original heritage features including high ceilings, ornate fireplaces and floorboards, this delightful terrace will surprise with a smart, modern addition to the back of the house complete with a range of modern creature comforts. Following an extensive renovation, it now presents 3 large bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a large central entertaining courtyard adjacent to an open plan living space. This free flow indoor-outdoor living area along with the comfortable loft TV room will ensure there is ample space to relax and spread out.
Located in heritage Albert Park this inner-city gem is a mere 2 minute walk from the beach and popular bay trail, and no more than 5 minutes from leafy Albert Park, meaning there is plenty of scope for exercise or outdoor pursuits. For Grand Prix enthusiasts it is only a short walk to the Albert Park circuit which hosts the annual Australian Formula One GP. The popular commercial and dining strips of Victoria Avenue and Bridport streets are only moments away as are the many historic old pubs that dot this leafy suburb.
Situated between 2 nearby main tram lines, Bay Waves is never more than a short ride to either the bustling South Melbourne markets or Melbourne CBD. Bay Waves is an ideal base for a family trip or group getaway to enjoy all the cultural activities that Melbourne has to offer whilst enjoying the pleasant and green surrounds of Albert Park.
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, sleeps 6
- Traditional Melbourne terrace house
- Open flow indoor and outdoor entertainment spaces
- Central courtyard dining area with BBQ
- Additional loft living space
- Pet friendly on request
- 2 minute walk (250 m) to South Melbourne beach
- 15 minutes to Melbourne CBD by public transport
- On street parking with 2 parking permits supplied
Living and Dining
A stylish modern extension to the back of the house has created a main living space adjacent to a large central courtyard providing an open flow indoor / outdoor entertainment area which incorporates the living, dining areas and the kitchen spaces. The living space features comfortable, 3-seater sofa along with additional seating and a wall-mounted TV above a large gas fireplace.
A second lounge area is located in the modern loft area accessed via a staircase off the hallway. The loft has built in heating and cooling and features vaulted ceilings and skylights along with a comfortable 5 seater wrap around sofa opposite the large wall - mounted TV, perfect for movie nights. Netflix is available for TVs in both living areas.
There are 2 dining tables in the property; an indoor table for 6 adjacent to the kitchen with a second dining table situated in the outdoor, central courtyard also suitable for up to 6 people.
A modern, open-plan kitchen hugs the main living space ensuring meal preparation can be completed whilst entertaining. Featuring a 5-burner stove, a double combined microwave oven, a large fridge and dishwasher, there is plenty of scope if desired to create marvels in the kitchen.
- Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 6)
- Master Bedroom: queen bed with ensuite, built-in robe, block out drapes, central heating/cooling, and access to inner courtyard.
- Bedroom 2: queen bed with access to a small side garden via a glass door. Features an ornamental fireplace, high ceilings, built in robes and hydronic heating.
- Bedroom 3: twin single beds in large bedroom at front of house overlooking front porch through plantation shutters. Features an ornamental fireplace, hydronic heating, floor boards and open wardrobe.
- Bathroom 1 (ensuite to master bedroom): walk in shower, large freestanding bath, double vanity, toilet and heated towel rail.
- Bathroom 2: central bathroom off hallway. Walk in shower, toilet, single vanity and heated towel rail.
A European style laundry is hidden behind sliding cupboards in the hall opposite the central courtyard. It contains a washer/dryer combination machine, as well as a sink.
The front porch at Bay Waves features antique, historic tiles, while the central garden courtyard includes dining table, BBQ and seating area surrounded by hanging garden and glass doors on three sides. There is also a garden at the back of the property adjacent to the kitchen with a small deck and comfy swing chair.
Small to medium-sized pets are welcome on request - please contact our reservations team. Charges apply for bringing pets and must abide by our terms and conditions.
Please note, external security cameras are installed at Bay Waves for guest safety. The motion sensor cameras capture footage only.
There is no off-street parking available however two parking permits are provided for on-street parking.
Bay Waves is located in the bayside suburb of Albert Park, 4km south of the Melbourne CBD. The beach is located at the end of the street and the property is in walking proximity to the restaurant and commercial hubs of Victoria Avenue and Bridport streets.
Boutique Stays standard inclusions:
- Support from our Melbourne based team, 7 days a week
- Complimentary welcome home arrival pack, with luxury Australian made guest amenities, quality selection of tea and coffee and a range of household consumables, including fresh milk
- Unlimited wireless broadband internet (Wi-fi)
- Pay TV (Netflix or Foxtel)
- Quality linen and towels, plus hairdryer in each bathroom
- Portacot available free of charge
- Monthly servicing for stays of 28 days or longer
- Departure clean
Maintenance and Cleaning
Our commitment to our guests is to ensure the property is always maintained at a high level, with all reported maintenance and cleaning issues attended to promptly. Previous guests rate the cleanliness of our properties at above 9/10 on average across the Boutique Stays portfolio. Please remember there is no smoking inside any of our properties.
We have varying minimum stays depending on time of year, and how far in advance you book. We will advise on enquiry.
A property security bond of $400 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.